Pre-Inspection Checklist (for sellers)
My goal at On Point Home Inspections is to provide a thorough home inspection while lessening the impact on your time and minimizing the potential for damage to your possessions.
You can assist me by completing these tasks prior to your inspection:
- All utilities are on.
- Ignite all pilot lights that have to be manually lit (gas logs, water heaters, etc.).
- All electrical breakers should be in the “ON” position unless there is a safety reason that requires them to be de-energized.
- Provide clear access to the electrical panel.
- Have remote controls readily available if they are required to operate an appliance or fixture (fireplaces, ceiling fans, etc.).
- Remove tape from all electrical switches that are safe to operate.
- Clear possessions from all sinks/tubs and have drain stoppers readily available.
- Provide clear access to the main water shut-off valve.
- Provide all keys for areas where keys are not provided to the inspector (crawl space access, locked interior and exterior storage closets, keyed window locks, etc.).
- Provide disappearing stair hook for attic access.
- Provide clear access to attic furnaces.
- Remove stored items in crawl space that would impede access especially at the entry door.
- Remove items from windows (decorations, sun catchers, etc.).
Thank you for helping me provide a more thorough home inspection service.
On Point Home Inspections